The first steps to be taken when a death occurs are often the hardest for people to make. At Joseph C Roberts we have experienced local staff available to assist at all times
- To answer the telephone personally
- To attend to moving a your loved one from the place they passed away
- To visit families to make funeral arrangements
Qualified Funeral Directors
With a qualified funeral directors available at all times to deal with any questions, or to begin making the necessary funeral arrangements when required.
In many cases now when people pass away in hospital, it is not necessary for us to attend immediately, but our staff can give the helpful advice needed to put peoples minds at ease, and to ensure that the family are aware of everything which needs to be done.
Our main telephone number, 01423 887824 and all area office numbers are manned by local experienced funeral staff at all times.
What to do when Death Occurs
There are key things you must do in the first few days after someone dies. Our advice is always to contact your funeral director first.
- Arrange the funeral, where a funeral director is on hand to help.
- Obtain a medical certificate from a GP or hospital doctor. You’ll need this to register the death.
- Register the death within 5 days (8 days in Scotland). You’ll then get the documents you need for the funeral.
- You can usually use the Tell Us Once service to report a death to most government organisations in one go.
- You don’t need to deal with the will, money and property straight away.